Visit my website for more info and pics..
www.richardjupe.com

Tuesday 30 August 2011

The excellent adventure, part 3

It was a great Lasagne last night at the end of a very tiring day, big thanks to Scottie and Suzy for their hospitality especially that of the youngest member of the family, the unstoppable 1 1/2 year old Harrison. It was great to have a little bit more of a chilled out day today, enabling me to get some retouching done in the morning and have a look at the results of the shoot yesterday. As I mentioned the images of the model are going to be cut out and dropped into a background image so the retouching that I did was specifically to get them to fit as best they can, they don't look amazing at the moment, but I think they'll drop in really well and it should all polish up nicely.





(warning- boring tech talk ahead)
As I was working at Scottie's place I had the opportunity to get my hands dirty with the mac only program 'Aperture'. Got to say that while it's really cheap, relative to PS and Capture One Pro, it seems to lack a fair bit of functionality. No availability to export contact sheets (except as straight to print) and a relatively slow processing speed were my two main quibbles. After saying that C1Pro does eat up ram like a press shooter eats canapes at a free lunch event. It does the job that Bridge and ACR do together or C1 Pro, but just not as natively, quite a surprise to me as I've heard so many good things about it. If you're strapped and want a retouching and raw processing tool (can't believe that I'm saying this) go for lightroom.
Caught up with Sam and Renate for lunch and checked out the old Dainty Szechuan, which is right where the old Dainty used to be and is exactly the same (and just as good) at the old Dainty! “Hoorahhh" the chilli fans shout. So if you're in Melbourne CBD and looking for a great chilli fix, head to the end of Corrs lane (off china town) and check out the old Dainty, ( it's just like Dainty used to be!)
Enough.
I've since then worked out why it's so cheap to fly out of Avalon airport, I had to leave the city 2 1/2 hours before the plane left, overkill, yes I think so. On the flip side it's given me time to sit done and have a little rant, so I guess that's a good thing. As Avalon airport would only be beaten in plainness and lack of inspiration by LAX I have no more to report. Next stop Sydney and the SOCAP conference tomorrow.

JPEG from Avalon airport, straight from EOS 1D III with a bit of in camera preference tweaking! Yes I'm bored!


No comments:

Post a Comment